Central Processing Facility
- When military personnel should report to the Central Processing Facility (CPF) if arriving during normal duty hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If arrival is outside of normal duty hours, report to the CPF at 9:00 am the first duty day after arrival.
- Bring your military and travel documents that you have hand carried with you to the CPF.
- You will go through 2 weeks of in-processing. A schedule will be given to you on the first day of in-processing.
- You will be briefed by housing, finance, medical, dental, wellness center, health clinic, banks, and the military police.
- First go to the in-processing office within the CPF. You will need two copies of your orders and your DA 31 (leave form). You will be checked in from leave and receive a packet of instructions for formation times and the date/time of your in-processing brief.
- Then go to IACS to get your military and dependent ID’s activated for the gate. They need to see a copy of your orders. You will be fingerprinted and asked for your APO address if you have one. If you don’t have one, you can go back later on and give it to them. If your ID card is about to expire you may want to go ahead and get a new ID card at the CPF “before” going to the IACS office. Your sponsor will want the most up to date ID card that they can get, because the expiration date of a dependent’s Soggiorono (replacement for the Italian visa) is based off of the date the sponsor’s ID card expires.
- In-processing classes/briefs begin Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You would have to complete steps 1 and 2 at least one day before in order to attend briefings that start on the next MWF. For example, if you start in-processing on Friday, you won’t be able to attend the next briefing until Monday.