- Make sure names are spelled correctly on all documents
- Carry important documents in a zip up accordion folder
- Store virtual documents on your computer
- Back up important files on a flash drive, external hard drive or even print hard copies of select documents.
- Keep your original set of orders with you at all times as well as any amendments
- Make ten (10) copies of your orders
- Leave Form – DA 31
- Previous Duty Assignment Clearance Document
- CIF Clearance Document from previous duty station’s CIF
- Military Personnel File – (MPRJ) 201
- Training Records
- Soldier Readiness Folder
- AIT or Airborne Certificate
- Enlistment/Re-Enlistment Bonus contract
Identification for Each Family Member
- Military ID
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Official Government Passports and Visas
- Tourist Passports
- Birth, Marriage, and Naturalization certificates
- Valid Veterinary Health Certificate
- Valid Rabies Vaccination Certificate signed in blue ink.
- Up to date medical records
- Photo of your pet
- Privately Owned Vehicle Shipping Documents
- Title or Lease information
- Proof of vehicle inspection, registration, and insurance
- International Driver’s Permit
- Personal checks, hard copies of recent bank statements, credit and debit cards
- Finance Folder (if issued)
- Receipts (moving supplies, gas, food, hotels)
- Household good shipping documents – inventory, contact phone numbers
- Lease or mortgage paperwork.
- Divorce or annulment paperwork from a previous marriage
- Wills, custody or adoption paperwork
- Powers of Attorney
Medical and Dental Records
- Previous medical and dental records should be submitted to new physicians and dentists
- Vaccination records for school registration and employment.
School or Employment Records
- Transcripts, report cards or grade sheets that your children may need for school registration.
- Transcripts, a current resume and letters of recommendation for employment
- Contacts for new employers and schools on hand.